QUICK HEALTH TIPS: 5 easy to follow ways to stay healthy.
Trying to stay healthy today can be a hard task to follow, specially with all of the NON-HEALTHY food and habit options out there!!
Here’s a list of things you should be doing or avoiding as much possible in order to be on a healthy route as you age:
1. BE ACTIVE: If you're like the majority of people, then you probably sit down at your desk most of the day, and this can be very harmful to your cardiovascular system and overall health. Now a days, there's a ton of activity trackers out there you can buy at an afordable price. These can help you set daily goals, like steps (5,000 - 10,000 a day) or other goals like workouts, and little by little you will see that your body will thank you for this.
2. SLEEP ENOUGH: Most people don't pay much attention to this and it's probably one of the most important things that your body does when repairing itself every night. One should sleep at least 6-8 hours a night and you shouldn't eat heavily at dinner, also you should wait two hours before going to bed.
3. MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF: Engage in any activity that's different from the rest of your day to day...this could be joining a gym, starting a new sport, joining a book club, hiking on weekends, really just anything that you like and is different and will let your mind be at ease for a while.
4. EAT WELL AND STAY HYDRATED: Avoid eating a lot of carbs, processed foods that contain a lot of preservatives and carbonated sugar drinks. Your day should look like this: First thing in the morning, have a big glass of water with apple cider vinegar and some lemon juice as this will hydrate your body and also start your metabolism on the right track. After this, go and do some activity like walking or anything that breaks up a sweat, then come back and have your coffee or whatever you have for breakfast (avoiding big meals like pancakes or waffles) just a couple of scrambled eggs and a glass of juice will do. Wait two hours and have a little bit of fruit like an apple, wait another two hours and have your lunch (fish or chicken with vegetables) not much carbs...then wait two hours and have a granola bar or nuts like almonds and walnuts...wait two hours and have a light dinner like a soup or a salad, wait two hours and go to bed. VERY IMPORTANT: have at least 2-3 litters of water daily.
5. LOVE WHAT YOU DO: Accept your job and the life you have, not eveyone does what they would like to do, but at least it maintains food on the table and a roof over your head, and THIS is much more than many people have. Be thankful and appreciate the little things in life, as this will give you a personal satisfaction that does marvels for your health.
As always, we're here if you need anything, call us at 213-405-5355 MON-FRI form 8:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, we hope that you have a great day!
The Milagro de la Selva team
- Tony Ruiz